I haven't been on Booklikes at all for the last month. I have barely been able to keep up with my book blog but it was hard trying to navigate the rest of my social media and book sites while there was so much going on in my personal life.

On Tuesday 6th May, my mum passed away. She was diagnosed with lung cancer in October last year and it was already too far spread to be able to do anything about it (it had spread to her spine which caused paralysis and also into her bones).

My mum was given 6 months and she made it just passed 7 months. She was incredibly brave and fought it all the way. I am feeling really adrift right now. I cannot fathom how I am going to be able to cope with such a huge loss. My mum really was my best friend and I am devastated at losing her.

I have a lot of support though. My fiancé and his parents have been wonderful and my older brother is there for me too. The rest of my family and my friends have also been hugely supportive. I am very fortunate to have so many people there for me at this difficult time. It has really made me appreciate the people in my life.