Fish & Chips  - Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux

Fish & Chips is the third book in the Cut & Run series and I must say it is the steamiest one yet!

Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett are once again having to go undercover, this time impersonating leaders of an international smuggling ring - who just happen to be a gay, married couple - called Corbin and Del Porter. Ty and Zane have to take their place on a Caribbean cruise (at Christmas time) in order to meet up with the Porter's other business contacts and bring down the smuggling ring for good.

What comes across as a straight-forward operation soon turns out to be anything but (par for the course with this pair) and Ty and Zane find themselves in more danger than ever. Someone is out to kill them and danger is coming from all sides. Once again they must rely on each other if they want to survive what is turning out to be the cruise from hell...

Whoa - what did I just read here! This book was tense, exciting, hot and steamy - all rolled into one. I honestly had no idea what was going on half the time, not because the plot was all over the place but because the action just kept on going and going - never a dull moment. The fact that Ty and Zane were posing as a married couple really changed their dynamic. For once they get to show affection to each other in public and behave like a 'couple' would. The bond between them is strengthening all the time and although they do not fully trust each other completely yet, they are so protective of each other it kills me.

The real strength of the books in this series is that they are character-driven. The main characters are so intense and, at first, difficult to get a grip on being so emotionally stunted, but they are evolving all the time and I have enjoyed getting to know them better with every installment. Ty and Zane have certainly completely won my heart.

It was interesting to see that Ty is the one who really puts himself out there in Fish & Chips. Although both men are closed off (mainly due to events in their past of which we have some hints of but have not yet been delved into) Zane has always come across as the more emotional of the pair so I have to say I love seeing Ty being the more vulnerable one here (quite an unexpected but delightful turn). I cannot wait to read the next book to see how their relationship develops further.

Overall, another solid entry in the Cut & Run series. The mystery was engaging and kept me guessing, and, most importantly, I loved seeing how Ty and Zane's relationship is progressing. The two are clearly made for each other - and I don't think it is going to take too long for them to realise it!